Membrane Roofing / Fluid Applied Roofing / Elastomeric Roof Coating - 075600
1. Product Name
EnergyMax Acrylic Roof Coating
2. Distributed by EPDM Coatings
494 Bridgeport Ave Suite 101, PMB 342 Shelton,CT 06484-4748
3. Product Description
- EnergyMax Acrylic Coating is an ASTM D-6083 compliant roof coating product for restoring metal roofs. May also be used for flat roofs with no ponding water issues. Easy water clean up.
- Meets or exceed ASTM D-6083. Provides a seamless, elastic and durable membrane.
- Contains fungicides and mildewcides.
- Superior adhesion to various substrates.
- Reflective roof coating helps reduce cooling costs, prevents UV-degradation and premature roof failure.
- Easy to use, non-toxic and VOC-compliant water based roof coating.
- Coverage is 300 Sq ft per 5 gallon pail
4. Technical Data
See table on the following page.
- Ready to use. Thinning is not necessary. Mix well before using.
- Do not use on ponding water locations.
- Roof must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease, dirt or loosely adhered coating. Bare surfaces must be prepared and checked for compatibility.
- Follow our roof restoration procedures and always perform an adhesion test.
- Roofing granules may be introduced within 10 minutes of final coat at a rate of 35-40 lbs/100SF.
- Equipment: polyester brush, long nap roller, spreader or 3000psi, 2gpm airless sprayer with a .031 tip. Do not leave coating in spray guns, hoses and pumps for prolonged periods.
6. Availability & Cost
EnergyMax Acrylic Roof Coating is available directly from EPDM Coatings and our authorized distributors.
On pre-qualified and registered applications completed by EPDM-approved contractors, long term warranties are available. Contact EPDM Coatings for warranty information.
Read ourCare and Maintenance Guidelines
9. Technical Services
Contact EPDM Coatings for technical support.
10. Filing Services
Additional product information is available from EPDM Coatings.
EnergyMax Acrylic Roof Coating Technical Data
|Algae Resistance||No Growth||ASTM G29-96|
|Application Temperature||55°F (and rising) - 100°F. Less than 85% relative humidity|
|Clean Up||Water. Don't leave coating in spray guns, hoses and pumps for prolonged periods.|
1gal/100SF yields 9.6 dry mils.
Up to 1.6gal/100SF per coat. 2 coats recommended.
Dry to Touch: 4 hours @ 75°F
Tack Free: 12 hours. Recoat: 12 - 24 hours
|Density||11.4 ±.2 pounds/gallon|
|Dry Time||Dry to touch in 4 - 6 hours. 12 - 24 hours to recoat. Depending on humidity and moisture.|
|Fungi Resistance||No Growth||ASTM G29-96|
|Hardness||45 Shore A||ASTM D-2240|
|Impact Resistance||>160 inch/pounds||ASTM D-2294|
|Packaging||5 gallon pail, 55 gallon drum|
|Permeability||3.4 perms||ASTM E-96|
|SRI||99 | 85 @ 3 Years||ASTM C-1371|
|Salt Spray||No Effect (3000 hours)||ASTM B-117|
|Service Temperature||-40°F to 200°F|
|Shelf Life||12 months @ 40°F-90°F|
|Solids by Volume||60% ±2%||ASTM D-1644|
|Solids by Weight||68% ±2%||ASTM D-1644|
|Tensile Strength||400 psi
3600psi with SeamStitch Fabric
|Viscosity||8,000 ±1500 cP||Brookfield|
|Weatherability||No Effect (3800 hours)||ASTM G-26|
Caution: EnergyMax Acrylic Roof Coating is a water-based product which will freeze and become unusable at temperatures below 32°F. Suspend all application if conditions prevent a complete cure before sunset, rain, fog, dew or freezing temperatures. EPDM Coatings must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep EPDM Coatings containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call physician immediately.
Product information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. They do not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before usage. Manufacturer's sole responsibility shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.