1. Product Name
EnergyGuard® Aromatic Polyurethane Roof Coating
2. Distributed by EPDM Coatings
494 Bridgeport Ave Suite 101, PMB 342 Shelton,CT 06484-4748
3. Product Description
EnergyGuard® Aromatic Polyurethane Elastomeric Roof Coating is a single component, moisture cure polyurethane roof coating for all types of roofs.
Built Up Roofing(BUR), Concrete Roofs, Metal Roofs, Modified Bitumen, Polyurethane Foam, Single Ply Roofing (PVC, TPO).
- Provides a seamless, durable membrane.
- High Tensile Strength and Elongation properties.
- Superior adhesion to various substrates.
- Contains fungicides and mildewcides.
- Excellent UV protection for polyurethane foam.
- Heat reflective coating helps reduce cooling costs.
- Reflects the sun's UV-rays and prevents premature degradation.
- Prevents premature roof failure by controlling thermal cycling.
- Coverage is 350 Sq ft per 5 gallon pail
4. Technical Data
See table on the following page.
- All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease or dirt.
- Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion.
- Before application, any loosely adhered coating must be removed and bare surfaces must be prepared, cleaned and checked for compatibility.
- Aromatic Polyurethane Roof Coating is ready to use. Thinning is not recommended.
- Containers should not be left open for extended periods of time.
- Follow our roof repair and roof restoration procedures and always perform a coating adhesion test before doing the entire roof.
- Spray: Airless Sprayer , 1gpm, 3,000 psi, .025 or .031 tip.
- Brush: Good quality synthetic bristle brush.
- Roller: Long nap roller.
- Clean Up: Xylene.
6. Availability & Cost
Aromatic Polyurethane Roof Coating is available directly from EPDM Coatings. Contact EPDM Coatings for referral to a local Sales Representative or visit our website. Pricing information can be obtained from EPDM Sales Representatives.
On preapproved, qualified applications, using EPDM approved applicators, a 10 year warranty is available. Contact EPDM Coatings for complete warranty information. For application requiring the Aromatic Polyurethane primer both the primer and Energyguard Silicone top coat need to be applied at a 15 mil. For those application only requiring the Energyguard Silicone you may apply at a 20 mil
Periodic maintenance of EPDM Roof Restoration System ensures extended service life and maintains reflectivity.
9. Technical Services
Contact EPDM Coatings for Technical Support. Additional information, product literature, brochures, and specifications are available.
10. Filing Services
Additional product information is available from EPDM Coatings.
This product data sheet conforms to the editorial style prescribed by The Construction Specifications Institute. The manufacturer is responsible for technical accuracy.
Aromatic Polyurethane Roof Coating Technical Data
|Coverage||1gal/100SF yields 10.88 dry mils.
Up to 1.5gal/100SF per coat. 2 coats, 25 - 30 dry mils recommended.
|Cure Time||Dry to Touch: 6 hours
Tack Free: 8 - 12 hours
Recoat: 12 - 16 hours
|Density||9 lbs ±0.2 per gallon|
|Hardness||69 Shore A|
|Packaging||5 gallon pail, 55 gallon drum|
|Permeability||.02 perm inch|
|Service Temperature||-50° to 200°F|
|Shelf Life||90 days @ 40° - 90° F|
|Solids by Volume||68%||ASTM D-2697|
|Solids by Weight||79%||ASTM D-1644|
|Tensile Strength||1000 psi ±50|
|Viscosity||3000 ±1000 cP|
Freight Classification: Paint - Flammable Liquid (UN 1263 Red Label Required)
Warning: Aromatic Polyurethane Roof Coating contains Xylene, VM & P Naptha. Keep away from open flame, heat or sparks. Use only in ventilated areas and provide mechanical ventilation in enclosed spaces. Avoid breathing vapor or mist. Approved (MESA/NIOSH) chemical respirator and protective clothing must be used at all times. Fresh air hose masks required for interior applications. EPDM Coatings must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep EPDM Coatings containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call Physician immediately.
Product information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. They do not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before usage. Manufacturer's sole responsibility shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.